Friday, April 25, 2008

The Food List: What You Can Eat & How Much

Below is a list of the categories of food you must eat each day. which foods fall into these categories, and how much of that food constitutes a serving.
  • Proteins: 2 Servings/day
    Beefs (only twice a week/never 2 days in a row)
    - Arm Roast... 4oz
    - Chuck Roast... 4oz
    - Rump Roast... 4oz
    - Ground Sirloin... 4oz
    - Club Steak... 4oz
    - Flank Steak... 4oz
    - Round Steak... 4oz
    - Sirloin Steak... 4oz
    - T-Bone Steak... 4oz
    - Lamb Loin... 4oz
    - Ground Turkey... 4oz

    Veal
    - Cutlet... 5oz
    - Rump... 5oz
    - Chop... 5oz

    Poultry
    - Chicken Breast... 6oz
    - Turkey Breast... 5oz
    - Ground Turkey Breast... 5oz

    Liver
    - Beef Liver... 4oz
    - Calf Liver... 4oz
    - Chicken Liver... 3oz

    Fish
    - Striped Bass... 5oz
    - Cod... 6oz
    - Flounder... 6oz
    - Haddock... 6oz
    - Halibut (steamed)... 5oz
    - Lake Perch... 5oz
    - Fresh Tuna... 5oz
    - Mahi-mahi... 5oz
    - Lobster... 5oz
    - Shrimp (fresh)... 5oz
    - Sole... 5oz
    - Whitefish... 5oz
    - Orange Roughy... 6oz
    - Scrod... 6oz
    - Red Snapper... 5oz
    - Grouper... 5oz
    - Yellow Tail... 5oz
    - Bluefish... 6oz
    - 2 x wk *Swordfish... 5oz
    - 2 x wk *Crab (steamed)... 5oz
    - 2 x wk *Salmon Steak... 4oz
    - 2 x wk *Scallops... 4oz
    - 1 x wk *Tuna (water packed)... 4oz

    Dairy and Eggs
    - 3 x wk Cottage Cheese 1 % Fat... 5oz
    - 1 Lg Egg & Cottage Cheese... 4oz
    - Eggs... 2 Lg.
  • Liquids:
    Fresh Water... 10 8oz/day (required)
    Tea of Coffee... 2 cups daily
    Diet Pop (no colas)... 2 12oz cans
    or
    Crystal Light... 2 glasses
    Herb Tea... no limit
    Parsley Tea... as needed
    Decaffeinated Coffee... no limit
    Thermoboost... 2 8oz glasses per day
  • Vegetables: 4 servings/day (1 cup raw - 1/2 cup cooked)
    Asparagus... 1 cup
    Bean Sprouts... 1 cup
    Broccoli... 1 cup
    Cabbage... 1 cup
    Cauliflower... 1 cup
    Celery... 1 cup
    Chard... 1 cup
    Cucumbers... 1/2 med
    Egg Plant... 1 cup
    Green Onions... 5 small
    Lettuce or Endive... 1 cup
    Mushrooms... 1 cup
    Mustard Greens... 1 cup
    Okra... 1 cup
    Peppers (green, red)... 1/2 med
    Radishes... 10 med
    Rhubarb... 1 stalk
    Spinach or Kale... 1 cup
    Squash (summer)... 1 cup
    String Beans (was, green or yellow)... 1 cup
    Tomatoes... 1 small
    Turnip Sprouts/Greens... 1 cup
    Zucchini... 1 cup
  • Fruits: 2 servings/day (do not eat after 6 pm/fresh or frozen fruit, not canned)
    Grapes (green)... 10 reg
    Apple... 1 small
    Apricot... 3 med
    Blueberries... 1/4 cup
    Cantaloupe... 1/8 lg
    Cherries... 9 med
    Grapefruit... 1/2 small
    Lemon... 1 small
    Orange... 1 small
    Peach... 1 small
    Pineapple... 3/4 cup
    Prunes... 2 med
    Raspberries... 1/4 cup
    Strawberries... 12 small
    Tangerine... 1 small
    Watermelon... 1 cup diced
  • Starches: 2 servings/day
    Diet Bread 940 calories)... 1 slice
    Melba Toast (unseasoned)... 2 slices
    Bread Stick (Diet Stella D 'Oro)... 1 lg stick
    Akmak Cracker... 1/2 sheet
    Rice Cake (unsalted)... 1 cake per day
    Millers Bran... 2 tbsp
    Kavli Crispy Bread, thin... 1 wafer
    Corn Tortillas (6" dia.)... 1/2 tortilla
    Ryvta Cracker... 1/2 of 1 pack (3 x per week combined)
    Baked Potato... 1/2 small (3 x per week combined)
    Brown Rice... 1/4 cup cooked (3 x per week combined)
  • Fats: 1 serving per day (apply after cooking)
    Diet Margarine... 1 tsp
    Promise Lite... 1 tsp
    Promise Ultra... 1 tsp
    Fleishman's Lite or diet mayonnaise... 1 tsp

Portions listed a raw weights unless stated.

You must also have 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of Morton's Lite Salt per day. You may also use 1 tbsp of mustard as a condiment per day.

You may prepare all foods by steaming, boiling, roasting, broiling, baking, pan frying, microwaving, or grilling. Do not use fat, lard, etc. Pam original, no butter, is allowed.

Limit artificial sweeteners (Equal, Sweet N' Low, Splenda) to 2 to 3 packs per day.

Allowed seasonings: Morton's Light Salt (1/4 to 1/2 tsp), pepper, garlic, fresh herbs and spices, apple cider vinegar and tarragon vinegar, Mrs. Dash, juice of one lemon per day. No regular salt or condiments.

Salad Dressings: 2 tbsp daily of Fat Free salad dressing.

19 comments:

Maddog Salamander said...

103 lbs doesn't lie...and that is how much I lost from March 20, 2009 to February 28, 2010 on Slim4Life (now Slimgenics.)

Costwise, it was a bit more than $6 a day. The supplements, snacks, and "thermo boosts" were a bit pricey. I found it cheaper to use www.mydietshopz.com to buy my snacks. I bought similar supplements for a bit less at the Vitamin Shoppe and Sunflower Market.

But the plan works. Stick to it...it will show results.

Lisa D McCarty said...

I concur, lost 44 lbs over five months. Fell off for a year, took several months to start gaining again, but have gained back most of what I lost. Landed here because I know it works, and wanted to get back on track, have been back on just meal planning for a week, have lost 5 lbs already and feel good again. I literally feel better when I eat this way.

Unknown said...

I did not use the actual diet products (like themroboost). I got the diet plan information from a friend (the list you gave here). I lost 45 pounds in 8 weeks. I kept it off for about 5 months. After that I slowly gained over the next year and a half. I am now heavier than when I started two years ago. However, I know it works and I am going to try it again. This time I will make it more of a lifestyle change so I don't gain it back. But it worked great! Thanks for the info, so I can use it again.

Unknown said...

I did not use the actual diet products (like themroboost). I got the diet plan information from a friend (the list you gave here). I lost 45 pounds in 8 weeks. I kept it off for about 5 months. After that I slowly gained over the next year and a half. I am now heavier than when I started two years ago. However, I know it works and I am going to try it again. This time I will make it more of a lifestyle change so I don't gain it back. But it worked great! Thanks for the info, so I can use it again.

Mamatobrie said...

I lost 120lbs from March 2006-June 2007 it was a lot of work adn a lot of money. I found a website called www.dietdirect.com and they had the exact same thermo snacks for half the cost. Saved a lot of money there. The plan really works but you have to set your mind to it and not diviate from the plan. After I lost all my weight I got pregnant with my daughter and after having her I tried to do the program without the counslors and its not as easy. I say if you are going to do this on your own get someone to talk to, so they can hold you accountable for your actions.

Carlena said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I just got through meeting with a counselor that refused to let me see a sample of the food list without signing up. I just didn't want to sink money into a program without knowing what I was buying access to.

helena said...

n the Caffeine Diet you will learn how and when to use caffeine to its maximum advantage. Further, with your appetite under control, we will provide you with a dietary program based on 6 ½ million years of evolution, not three decades of antidotal evidence.
healthy reciepies

helena said...

Do you think our Paleolithic ancestors counted calories or read about the food pyramid? Of course not! Yet they were the healthiest people to ever roam the face of the earth. All you have to do is follow their diet and we will show you exactly what that was.

fitness

helena said...

This Program does not teach you what you already know. We empower you to stop relying on food as your primary source of satisfaction. And we help you to control your appetite through our program and through our line of proprietary weight loss products.

healthy reciepies

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post. You people can take help from online meal plans to avoid getting ill again and again. You can also take help from the fruits or the fruit extracts such as the Noni fruit extract so as to make yourself more healthy and fit for long.

Anonymous said...

I suffer from Crohns and Colitis and this plan is very appealing to me. The first week was indeed the hardest, but with the daily support and inspiration from staff, I am already down 11 lbs in 2 weeks and inches are falling off ( I am doing as 28 day plank program and walking, very light exercise). Because of the water, fresh food and supplements my skin, hair are amazing. I am so excited about this program, it is getting easier and easier. Because of the simplicity of the program, I have been able to buy all my meals at Sprouts and Market Street as that I do not cook..... yes, the cost is high, but there is so much to the program and I was spending that eating out all the time.... I will never go back..... My goal is 40 lbs in 16 weeks .....let's do this!

john smith said...

I could do from home. Started working immediately and was fabulous. Brian Flatt 2 Week Diet Plan

Unknown said...

Diet you will learn how and when to use caffeine to its maximum advantage

cheapest parking gatwick
gatwick chauffeur parking

Unknown said...

I know that there are 3 Slim 4 Life plans, how do they decide which one to put you on?

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thanks For Sharing A valuable information to reduce weight and its keeps stay healthy while following these tips. My younger brother is facing the fat issue and weakness in his body, But follow you rDiet Program he lost his weight in just a few weeks.

Thanks

anynamous said...

I went to the one in Fort Worth off of Hulen, the girls were so rude especially Savanah! Courtney gave me the run through and then told me it was going to be $700 to start and then $100 a month toward their product and I had to take their product in order to have my guarantee at the end of my 30 weeks! When I asked if I could pay it out and told her i didn't have that kind of money, she closed everything up, said she was sorry to hear that and told me to come back when I could afford everything and pretty much pushed me out the door. So needless to say, I will never go to them again and I will not recommend them either.

Unknown said...

Hi there! Do you remember which supplements you took daily and how much? I did slim4life and lost 40 pounds about 5 years ago, but can’t remember everything. There were some basic rules I need to remember as well. Like when you can have a chewable snack and when it can only be a drink. I believe I drank a quench and at other times a boost. I would appreciate any advice you can give me!!!!

Unknown said...

I have found many of the protein drinks and bars on Amazon - they are Healthwise brand. Also found the Thermal Boost drink - it is FASTBOOST

Unknown said...

great blog

from
https://dlinkrouterlocall.net/