Monday, April 21, 2008

Day One: Genesis

Besides giving you an insiders look into the Slim4Life program, I will also be posting what I eat each day. This serves a couple of purposes: one, it will get me to keep better track of exactly what I am consuming so that I can identify any shortfalls should they occur and two, it will give you a better idea of what can be eaten each day than some generic list of approved foods.

Food for April 20, 2008
  • Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled and seasoned with 1/4 teaspoon of Morton's Light Salt. 1/2 Orange, 8oz glass of orange Thermoboost and 8oz glass of water.
  • Lunch: 2 1/3 lb burgers, seasoned with Mrs. Dash and wrapped in lettuce. 16oz glass of water.
  • Snack: 1/2 orange, 1 8oz glass of Thermoboost, 8oz glass of water.
  • Dinner: 4 1/3 lb burgers, seasoned with Mrs. Dash and wrapped in lettuce. 16oz glass of water.
  • Late: 16oz glass of water.

My first impressions after breakfast and lunch were that the prep phase would not be all that difficult. I have tried Atkins before and this is very similar. But by the time I came around to my third burger at dinner, the blandness began to take its toll. I think for day two I will try and switch it up and maybe work in 3/4 or a pound of chicken for lunch.

1 comment:

Angsue said...

On the Prep Phase you state that its 2-3 of proteins.. is that the total for the day or for 2-3 lbs of proteins for each meal?